Hi hi hi loves! 🌸🌸🌸
Long time no see! How’s everyone doing today? Fabulous I hope! On today’s post I’m excited to share with you guys 10 ways to be happier and healthier in order to have your “ideal” body for summer. First off, I want to say that in order to have a bikini body, all you have to do is put that bathing suit on and rock it. If you’re comfortable in your body, then heck ya girlfriend, rock that ishhhhh. But if you’re like me, and you want to lose a few pounds in order to be a healthier and happier version of yourself then just keep on reading!
1. Measure yourself when you start
- Yes, i’m that girl who will work out for one day, or eat healthy for one day and get all upset because I didn’t loose any weight. I know how ridiculous this is, but I know i’m not the only gal out there that does this. What I found helps me is to measure myself before I start ( waist, bust, thighs, and arms) and then measure myself again two weeks later. It’s shocking that if I put in the effort of taking care of my body, I can see results fairly quickly and that to me, is the best motivation.
2. No Junk food/ fast food
- Fueling your body with good food will make you feel better and I’m an example of that! I, like many other college students, find it hard to eat healthy because it’s expensive and it’s simply easier and more time efficient to eat already made meals. I’ve learned over the years to prepare different quick, easy, and healthy snacks a couple times a week so I can take healthy foods with me! I’ve noticed that if I do this, I’ll feel energized and won’t be pigging out when I get home before bed because that’s not the best for your body!
3. Drink water! (half your weight in fluid ounces) – Don’t drink your calories
- I know what you guys are thinking.. this sounds like a crap ton of water and it’s not going to be possible, but it’s really not as bad as you might think. I weight 130 pounds, making half my weight 65. In a normal sized water bottle, there’s 16.9 fl oz. meaning I’d have to drink a little over 4 water bottles through out the day which is definitely possible!
4. Get in 10,000 steps a day for at least 5 days a week!
- You guys know that my Fitbit is on me 24/7, it was worth every penny. If you don’t have that type of cash, I know theres cheaper roots and iPhones have step tracking capabilities!
5. Meal plan/Smaller portions
- Pinterest and Youtube are our friends, they have great examples of food preps and snack ideas that are affordable, just get out there and search em up!
6. Work out at least 3 days a week
- You guy know homework is killing me this semester, so I try to get my butt to the gym at least three times, it helps me so much mentally and physically. I establish a routine and get my stress/energy out there making it easier for me to fall asleep at night and sleep soundly!
7. Only eat when you’re actually hungry!
- Just because it’s dinner time doesn’t mean you have to eat. Just because you’re bored doesn’t mean you have to look in the fridge.
8. Allow one “cheat” day, you earned it!
- When I say this, I don’t mean go out and get McDonalds. I mean this as in, you ate healthy all week long, go out and enjoy a dinner with your friends or boyfriend. Get what you want, reward yourself, but don’t ruin the entire weeks progress with an entire bad day! You feel me?! You worked hard for this!
9. More veggies/fruit/whole wheat – Less bad carbs (I’m sorry)!
- My best friend in the entire world is noodles, but they’re so bad for me. If you’re like me, try replacing this with something else. There’s whole wheat noodles or spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles. I’ve tried them all and they’re great supplements to the delicious noodle that I need to learn to live with out. Lol.
10. SLEEP MORE, SLEEP MORE, SLEEP MORE!
- If you take anything out of this post, it should be this. We need sleep, at this age we need a lot of it. Turn of Netflix, put the phone down, get off your laptop, do your homework/studying earlier, and get your butt into bed at a decent time every single night because without this, everything I said earlier will not come as easy to you. You can not expect your body to do well for you if you dont fuel it properly. We need sleep. I repeat, we need sleep.
You cannot be successful and help others if you are sleep deprived, malnourished, or out of shape. Take care of yourself, mind and body. You’re happiness is the most important thing. Remember the five simple rules to be happy: Free your heart from hatred. Free your mind from worries. Live simply. Give more. Expect less. Simply train your mind to see the good in every situation not matter how crappy you think it may be. Let’s be the happiest and healthier versions of ourselves that we can be, together. I genuinely believe in every single one of these tips and I hope you guys took something from this post! We got this, our “ideal” bikini body will be here before we know it!
Here’s some photos I’ve taken of my food, or myself over the past few weeks. I hope you are inspired by this and feel free to recreate anything I’ve posted!
Well that’s all for today’s post. My thankfulness for your support is endless. Don’t forget to leave links to your blogs and instas, as I would love to check them out and follow you all and connect more. As always, feel free to shoot me a message with blog requests, to chat, or share a simple comment, I am more than happy to talk to you lovelies! I hope you all have the best day. Sending lots of love and positive thoughts to you guys. Xoxo.
youmustbehighxo saysFebruary 16, 2017 at 12:36 pm
I love this so much. I definitely need more sleep😭😭😭xx
theresamariedaily saysFebruary 16, 2017 at 1:15 pm
This is such a great post! I love learning how people stay fit and healthy! I struggle so much with staying fit sometimes I get too stressed with school to stay committed! I’m going to try to keep these tips in mind! Thank you ♡
shulammitegirl saysFebruary 16, 2017 at 1:28 pm
I am currently on my health journey so this post was so timely! Thanks for sharing. I’m on Instagram too (shulammitegirl__)
Everything EmmZeeBee Blog saysFebruary 27, 2017 at 11:10 am
Great post! Thanks for the kick up the bum haha! I started exercising in November but have been slacking off since I started my blog at the end of January! Loving your blog by the way