Hi, friends 💛☀️💛☀️
Happy Tuesday to all you beauty queens out there. I love you gals so very much and I don’t want you to ever forget that. As you may know, I started my summer classes yesterday. I only have had one class so far and it just so happened to be public speaking, which terrifies me to no end (who’s with me?!), but I got through my first speech and can already feel myself warming up to my class.
Anyways, there are only eight people in my class and it’s a four-hour long course for six weeks. My teacher seems to be way awesome and comforting to those who don’t like to speak in front of an audience. He made us all feel comfortable by talking as if we were all old friends catching up, but somehow we got on the topic of depression. My teacher shared a story of his 19-year-old granddaughter who struggles every day to push forward and always seems to fall back into depression. This story made a special place in my heart and I wanted to help her so much as he was sharing her struggles. As my teacher talked to us, he definitely touched close to home and reminded me as to why I started to blog in the first place. Sure, I love to share different outfit ideas and easy DIYS that I’ve done, but I always wanted NOTHING more from this website other than a place of safety for you all. More so, a place for you to come to distract your mind from anything bothering you in your life, a safe haven. Blogging is truly my safe haven and I want to regenerate that to y’all. I want to help any girls out there struggling with self-love because it’s so important. It saddens me and hurts my heart deeper and deeper every time someone reaches out to me telling me their struggles.
Now, I am NOT perfect and I can be my own worst enemy if I allow it. I’ll rip myself apart some days. We will all have bad days and that’s okay, but I don’t allow it to overpower my mind. That’s the key, you’ve got to realize it’s just a bad day. Every single one of you is beautiful. You are strong. You are loving. You are intelligent. You are worthy of love.
Since it’s been a minute from the last time I’ve preached about the importance of loving yourself, I thought I’d do this little coffee talk with y’all because I truly love my readers and I want you all to feel the love regenerate. So without further ado, here are 10 tips on how to feel beautiful when ya don’t feel beautiful. Please leave any more tips in the comments below so we can help each other grow together. Xoxo. 🌸🌻🌞💛
- Smile. – Initiate conversations. Show interest in people. Make introductions. Bridging the gap between stranger and friend feels beautiful. It lights up your face. It triggers happiness in your brain. It makes others feel happy. As the poet, Rumi writes, “Let the beauty we love be what we do.” Do beautiful things. Live beauty. Be beauty. You will inspire others through your beauty.
- Focus on the best, not the worst. – Stop staring at a pimple or the bulge. Quit comparing yourself to anyone else. Let your “worst” features recede and focus on your best instead. You have far more beautiful features than you see!
- Break a sweat. – Go outside and run with your favorite music blasting. Move your body. You’ll never regret working out.
- Show kindness – A kind person is exquisite in their beauty. It shines brighter than anything appearance wise.
- Don’t try too hard. – You don’t need to impress anyone. Be you without even thinking about it and trying to “one-up” others. It’s hard to feel beautiful when you feel desperate at the same time.
- Dance. – Put on your favorite jams (Beyonce, anyone?!) Dance alone. Dance with a partner. Dance like no one is watching. Dancing makes you feel like a beautiful child, carefree and happy.
- Create beauty around you. – Let your surroundings reflect the beauty inside of you. Remove clutter. Clean windows. Add flowers. Paint something. Draw something.
- Take an internet break. – Social media is such a great way to connect with people and see into other lives, but if you’re sitting there comparing yourself to a picture, take a step back and realize what you’re doing is not healthy. Clear your mind and spend it in the moment instead. Don’t corrupt your mind with ugly thoughts about yourself or others. Don’t dwell on unpleasant things. Don’t watch violence or negative programs or movies. Fill your thoughts with loveliness.
- Acknowledge your inner beauty. – Get pen and paper and write down all of the beauty that you do, that you give, that you create, and that you are. You are a powerhouse of beauty.
- Appreciate your flaws. – They make you who you are. We humans and we will never be perfect. Flawed is the new perfect.
My thankfulness for your support is endless. Don’t forget to leave links to your blogs and instas, as I would love to check them out and follow you all and connect more. As always, feel free to shoot me a message with blog requests, to chat, or share a simple comment, I am more than happy to talk to you lovelies! Sending lots of love and positive thoughts to you guys. Love y’all lots. Xoxo.